– Not much of our girl in this episode. Don’t know what Stevie sees in her that makes her a superstar, we are yet to see her really perform. It was cool to see her actually attempt to get out of her contract with Stevie. She’s not like the other’s who say things, then don’t follow through.
Look forward to seeing her sting Stevie next episode during the therapy session; we think that it was long overdue. Mimi
– get’s weaker every week! Why did KMichelle write her song for her? It is a really nice gesture but as the lyrics played on, we felt a bit embarrassed for Mimi…just us?
It is really sad to watch her want to be with Stevie so bad and make a complete ass of herself in the process. We hope that love never drives us to look so dumb. In her fight to get her man back, she is giving baby-mother’s a bad name. We totally get her struggle but this man is clearly playing games and lying. According to Mimi, she deals with this all the time, so why? She needs to move on!!! Move on Mimi!!! She needs to be a role model for her daughter! Like dang!! Even worst, has she been paying attention to all of the STD's out there?? She wanna catch something *if she hasn't already* before she wakes up?!!! Urg!!!
When Mimi met with the therapist and it was revealed that she never knew her mother very well, it was heartbreaking and explained a lot! Still does not give her a pass to accept Stevie’s behavior.
Them as a couple just bothers us. She is such a gorgeous woman with so much knowledge *it seems*..too much potential to be wasted on hurt and tears! Erica
– not much of her this episode besides accompanying Mimi to the concert event thing. Wasn’t she flawless?! They all know how to kill it in Atlanta! Much different to the ladies from New York’s show.Rasheeda
- what a sad situation with her and her husband. The thing is, we understand both sides. Rasheeda is trying to be a real and “boss-lady-ish” as she can, but hubby is hurt; he is right to feel betrayed. We are really pulling for her and hope that the moves she is making now will not jeopardize her marriage or career. Next week seems to get heated. That new manager-lady is apparently Wacka Flocka’s mother and she’s been "fired" by all the big names she’s represented in the past. Be careful Rasheeda!!!!!KMichelle
– Madame loco! She’s a loose cannon, her teeth are too big for her mouth and what the hell type of first date was that?!? Urg! NEXT!!!Karlie
– Karlie! Her story turns sweeter every week!
(Was Benzino really crying while they talked about the industry?? Did we miss something? Was he asking Karlie to choose between him and her career? We must have missed something!!)
It was super nice to see him support her by creating ties to another producer. We pray that it works out well because those things can turn real messy, real quick!
We were anxious to hear her songs so that she can redeem herself after the last performance she did but no luck! Again, we love them as a couple, we hope it is real and we wish them the best! Too cute! Momma D
– missing this episode : ) Shay
– watching her and Scrappy now, makes us sick!
So much for shorter reviews…lol
view on this episode…hilarious!
Come Leh We Go! The 2012 presentation of costumes from ChinaMas! Their theme focuses on main locations around Trinidad & Tobago, including:
· The Grand Stand
· Tobago Rainforest
· Caroni – Bird Sanctuary
· Port of Spain
· The Pitch Lake
As usual, China didn't disappoint with their colorful and unique costumes; our favorite being the backline for the Caroni – Bird Sanctuary section. Absolutely stunning!!
The setbacks from the band launch were the location; it was held at the Clevelander on SOBE
so there was a mix of tourists and Caribbean folk. There were no male costumes (models) and almost no Soca! We didn’t stay long because the “party after the launch” factor was not there.
All in all, it was a great presentation and the costumes are beautiful!! The sections with year should give non-Trini’s
a little lesson about Trinidad & Tobago and we loooove that!
With only 5 sections this year, China should still give other bands some competition.
– we love this girl! She is real! What did hell did she have on at that photo shoot, we will never know but she gained mucho points when she shoo’d Stevie away. He came in her face about threatening Mimi and she cussed him and his mustache out da door! Good for her standing up for herself! When we look at things from her point of view, she makes a lot of sense. If Stevie is her man why would she want his baby’s mother calling him and talking bad about her? Whether it was true or not is a different story, but she sure told Mimi. Major props to her for apologizing to Mimi, figuring out that Stevie is a liar and seeking other ways to advance her career beside being tied up in mess! Telling you, Joseline is the truth!Mimi
– uh!! We are so tired of this weak-ass broad! We are convinced that everyone on this show is independent, strong-minded and know what they want…Mimi is the complete opposite! She is so sad to watch! Such a gorgeous girl but there’s nothing going on upstairs. She pretends to be so outspoken and bold but she clearly is not! Why would she agree to meet with Joseline?? All this mess talking behind the scenes but you take time out of your day to meet up with the girl that has caused you and your family stress? Then had the balls to say she already knew about Stevie and his ways? So why give Karlie all that grief when she was pointing girls out last week? Confusing! Then she meets up with Karlie and says that she had no idea that KMichelle wanted to fight her?? We couldn’t even watch! She’s so fake!!! Erica
– Erica definitely regain points with us when she told Scrappy that she wasn’t taking him off of child support! We figured out Scrappy’s game; he wants his cake and eat it too! Erica one way, Shay another way..wants his family, but wants to stay in his own home…tell Erica that they are working on things but wants to be taken off of child support! Glad that she *calmly* told him to kick rocks! And we read that she gets all of Scrappy’s LHHATL checks! Go Erica!
The big question is, when she finds out about Shay, how will she react? Will she be mad at Scrappy? Will she try to fight Shay? Or will she wish them well? She seems to be pretty adamant about Scrappy being happy with our without her! Rasheeda
- her story was a bit sad this week. As much as we understand the motives behind what she did, we think that she went about it the wrong way. If what her husband said is true, he was building her based on desire to stay an independent artist – which is something she boasted about the first time we saw her. She should have told her husband about wanted to expand and see if he was on board first. He seemed to have been blind-sided and it was hard to watch.
Love her style though and she has the best hair-do's!!! KMichelle
– crazy!!!!!! Karlie was right when she met up with her – she was totally incapable of having an adult conversation! Blaming her ways on the way she was raised! Oh please!!! She is obviously jealous of Karlie after that last rant. She had no basis behind what she was saying, she was shouting for no reason and the annoying little sounds she makes when she has no answer!! We are certain that if she was able to communicate to Karlie better, she would have received the apology she was looking for - was she even looking for an apology? She does not even know if what she hear about Karlie talkin to her producer is true…whatever! We are done with this chick! She belongs in an institute before she hurts people!Karlie
– Trinidad! *blop blop* Trinidad! *blop blop* Trinidad! Ok, Karlie showed a lot of class when she met up with KMichelle, she held her own and we were amazed! Her date with Benzino was so sweet and we are hoping that this is the real deal. It is hard to tell based on how it happened, but they seen to be genuinely nervous. Love seeing how Benzino was straight up about his past and how Karlie admitted that she googled him. She also admitted that not only was she feeling him as a person, but they would make great business together…we gravitate to realness so we totally respected her honesty!
We hope things work out for her! Momma D
– did she try to start drama with Shay and Erica but ended up throwing her son under the bus instead?? Lol Shay picked up quick when she realized that Erica was over Scrappy’s house at the early hours of the morning giving her the ability to “leave him for dead”. Classic! They couldn’t have wrote that in the script…right??
As usual, our girl Trinity
says it best:
We received some complimentary tickets to go see the Donkey Show which is showing now at the Adrienne’s Art Theater in Miami!
It is a musical based on the Mid Summer Night’s Dream story and it encourages audience participation from the very start of the show. The stage is a dance floor; therefore the play happened all around us. They had a well stocked bar with desserts and treats, a DJ, glitter, bubbles and a bag check in so you are handfree to getdown!
As soon as you walk into the arena, there are dancers propped up on podiums dancing to 70’s music! We had to opportunity to climb up and dance with one of them. There was also a cute twist in the story towards the end that we really enjoyed!! All under the nation’s largest disco ball!!!
Overall the play was engaging and fun! It was worth the experience if you love musicals and enjoying dancing! And if you are a 70’s buff, this is surely for you! Content NOT FOR KIDS!
Tickets are between $45 - $60. Check out the website, pictures and reviews!
Euphoria band launch was held at Truck Stop’s Soca Paradise party! It was well organized and a lot of fun! Everyone had a great time and there was even and mini percussion session going on!
Nothing spectacular about the costumes, however what stuck us the most was the collars on the backline costumes. Very unique!
Euphoria Mas Band will present KARMA "What goes around comes around" Be part of the #1 Carnival experience in the US. Get the Ultra Premium All inclusive VIP service you deserve. www.euphoriamas.com or call Ravi Rav (954) 579-1249 or Cassie (954) 610-3516 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures courtesy kevlangel
Not much of a surprise this year, different name, different colors but similar styles to last year.
We were still surprised by the beauty though. We look forward to seeing it all together on the road!
The band launch we the best we have been to since our carnival quest began in Miami!
Kes the Band performed and we enjoyed every minute!!
Keep posted on GenX's website for when registration opens.
Pictures courtesy IslandBox
Joseline – did we say we love her? She is so real, raw and unapologetic! She does not act fake around people she doesn’t like, she doesn’t mix her words….*unless she’s lost in translation* and most of all she doesn’t take ish from NObody!! She sure told Erica! Why did she even want to talk to Joseline if she didn’t like her? It was so evident that she was convinced to meet with her.
Does our girl Joseline, have to cry to Stevie J every episode???
Mimi –She should make a song about what she is going thru, and jus sing a verse ever time her scenes come on! Same old story over and over and over!! Tired of her and her empty ass house!!
Erica – poor jab! She is really delusional! First, she should have never left Scrappy alone during an asthma attack. Whether it was his 1st, 5th or 100th one, those attacks are scary as hell and he deserved to have someone he loved and trusted at his side. If she was so mad at him about the miscarriage incident then she should not be trying to work things out with him. Second, she should have more respect for his mother! Cameras or not, we thought it was disrespect of her to argue back and forth with his mother like that, talking about how she had 3 fail marriages…rude! Just rude! Third, why was she so turnt up when she met with Scrappy?? She really had no way of lowering her voice? How embarrassing!!
Rasheeda – not included much in the episode this week, but we loved how she is like a “sister” to Scrappy but she is SO sure that he isn’t seeing anyone else…cut to scene “Scrappy and Bucky kissing on the couch”.
We look forward to seeing her next week, her story looks like it takes an interesting turn.
KMichelle – crazy with a capital K! this chick is losing her mind right in front of our eyes. But those one liners are classic! She is funny! That scene with her and Karlie was a bit disturbing…why was she so mad again? We forgot! By the time the conversation with her Mimi and Karlie got around to the main issue, KMichelle was already ready to fight. What is wrong with chick?? And what does Karlie have her on tape doin?
When Karlie flipped that table, KMichelle was so scared all she could do was yell…we were staring at the screen like she was coming thru it! What was that?! Then she threw the silverware at Karlie's face like a *Krazy* punk!! What if she poked her eye out! Was that really necessary?!?!
Hope Karlie gets her back good!!
Karlie – Trinidad! *blop blop* Trinidad! *blop blop* Trinidad! Ok, as messy as this girl is, she definitely keeping it real too! She brought it this episode!
Why would she want to work with Joseline? We understand that she is desperate to work with Stevie J, but why agree to work with Joseline, someone she despises? And what the hell was that on stage?? Sounded like someone threw a bag of cats over a balcony...! Her overall performance was…….mortifying!
For some reason, we really like her and Benzino’s thing! They are really cute together!
Momma D – did she really say that Erica left her son for dead?? Lol she can really out of line sometimes. We get the fact that she was concerned about her son but to tell Erica that that is the reason why he moved out? Wrong Momma D! Stay out of that! Not your place!
Bucky – country and messy as hell! We love it! Funny to see them talk about how good “friends” they were in the last episode, now they are basically laughing at Erica wondering if she suspects anything…hmmmm!
This episode was filled with everybody and everything!! Our jaws were dropped open for most of time…. the balls on these people!!
Empress (@kerleen_empress) made a good point about the arguments in all the public places - not one person in the background turn around to see what all the commotion was about.
Watch it over, with Erica and Scrappy, no one in the background was alarmed or even slightly disturbed by the heated argument. Even worst, the uproar between KMichelle and Karlie, no one in the background was fascinated!
Look, we know this show is scripted but can we at least include in some “reaction” for the extras in the background of the scenes…….? Geez!!!
A little something we do to save money....
It is amazing how some adhesive gems can change your fashion jewelry...
You do not have to spend alot on Accessories ;)
See just how unique you really are...
– she needed lessons to do dance moves she was doing in the strip club?? .......Anyhoo!
Joseline fell for the oldest trick in the reality TV producer handbook! Her need to *make it* clouded her judgment and she agreed to a storyline that may either make or break her career. We hope and pray that the abortion story is completely fabricated! It was just too much to handle and we hope that Joseline doesn’t think that such a thing is something to be proud of!
We did however love her honestly when it came to her feelings for the situation and Stevie J. She is clearly the realist one on the show *or the best actress ever!*
In the fight with Erica outside the studio, was she not right to check Scrappy after he called her a bitch? Was she not right to question Erica’s motive after knowing nothing
about the club situation? Was she not right to run in the car when Scrappy came charging through security?? Lol!! Mimi
– What happened to the 20% discussion huh? Mimi is not fooling us, she is a joke! Must say it was refreshing to see her give Stevie J the boot after finding out about Joseline’s pregnancy/abortion, but we are taking that scene with a grain of salt. Stevie J was caught off guard so much that he forgot which way he was headed, anybody else caught that besides us?
Mimi has lost all her points with us and can only regain them by sticking to her word of leaving Stevie J for good! Hold your head up girl and leave dude in the gutter..for realz!!! Erica
– it was sad to see Scrappy say one thing about their relationship then Erica say something completely opposite. We could tell that Scrappy and Shay have a lot of sexual tension, love how they tried to say they were best buds! Everybody knows that stuff does not work at all! We will not be fooled!
Erica lying ass!! When she went to tell the girls about the fight story, she proclaimed that Joseline “came out of nowhere” with her antics! Did she not hear Scrappy disrespect her?? Must me a trend with these girls because just last week, it was like Mimi didn’t here Stevie J disrespect Erica.
Firstly, Erica was wrong to take Scrappy to see Stevie J! Secondly, after Stevie J apologized, she should have convinced Scrappy to stop *barking* and just left, whether she accepted the apology or not! Lastly, even if Joseline was mouthing off, why get in her face? Erica obviously was *persuaded* to start a fight and it was very difficult to watch…well, not really! Rasheeda
– snoooooze fest! Though we were glad to see her do something for her husband, we think it was done as a form of an apology. She was shown in a much calmer light and we appreciated it!KMichelle
– she was not filmed much in this episode but seeing her cry with Mimi when they discussed Joseline's pregnancy/abortion was good to see. At least we can say that some of these girls really
may be friends. Karlie
– MIA this episode : )Momma D
– the only thing we want to discuss about Momma D is the preview of next week’s episode. Did she really tell Erica that she left her son Scrappy for dead?!? Gangsta!!! Lol
Shock!! In complete shock by the last episode of LHHATL! Are the producers of this show really serious?
If by any chance this show is NOT scripted, did these people really agree to put themselves out there like that? And if it is scripted, did the writers of this show really think these story lines would make for great TV?
VH1 fails again
as they insist on shining a negative light on the lives of *urban* personalities! We completely understand the need for ratings and creating the most talked-about TV moments, but there is very thin line between great TV drama and petition worthy
moments, especially where reality is involved.PS) You guys ever really watched the promo video for LHHATL?
Based on the mini scenes, who agrees to stuff like that if it isn't scripted - Mimi walking in with Stevie J, Joseline dancing on stage and watching them sideways, Scrappy hanging out with other girls while his baby's mother gazes from afar?
Seems like their stories were already preplanned.